Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens Herbarium (Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens-CMBG)
The CMBG herbarium was initiated in 2014 to document and preserve the plant biodiversity of coastal Maine and surrounding regions, especially northern New England. The collection contains specimens dating from the 1840s through the present day. About 80% of the collections are from Maine; the remaining 20% represents collections from 24 other states and several Canadian provinces. Well represented collectors include Edward B. Chamberlain, Donald S. Cameron, Melissa Dow Cullina, Alison Dibble, Merritt L. Fernald, Albion R. Hodgdon, Norman C. Fassett and David Potter. Less numerous, but significant in their historical importance, are collections by Kate Furbish and Aaron Young.
Director of Plant Science & Collections: Melissa Cullina, firstname.lastname@example.org
Science and Collections Information Specialist: Spencer O'Bryan, email@example.com, 2076338014
Collection Type: Preserved Specimens
Management: Data snapshot of local collection database
Last Update: 31 October 2023
Digital Metadata: EML File
Usage Rights: CC0 1.0 (Public-domain)
Rights Holder: Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens
Use of any specimen data and related material (e.g., images, species checklists, etc.) accessed through this portal requires agreement to the terms and conditions in the CNH data usage policy.